Capecare Community Services Overview
Capecare Community Services offer assistance to seniors in their own home that can be tailored to suit your individual needs, such as:
To access Government subsidised services, each client must be eligible, and if so, will then receive an individual and comprehensive assessment. Fees for services vary between programs.
Capecare can also offer private home care services, which can be assessed and tailored to your needs and choice.
Home Care Packages
Capecare Community Services promotes a model of care that is centred on Wellness and Reablement.
Care Recipients should be actively involved in deciding how their package funds are spent, to achieve this Capecare will work in partnership with you to ensure that funding is used appropriately to address your goals and care needs. You decide on your needs, goals and the choices of services that are best suited to your current lifestyle, independence and health requirements and that will make your life easier for you and your family.
The Home Care Packages primary purpose is to help you stay at home for as long as possible, and provided that it meets legal and safety requirements, in partnership with a Care Coordinator you will get to make the decisions about how the funds are spent. Capecare will hold these funds on your behalf and work with you to coordinate the services you have selected.
If you choose Capecare as your package provider you will receive:
- A Care Coordinator that will meet with you at sign up and work with you to tailor your service requirements
- Monthly Reviews of services by Care Coordinator
- Qualified and trusted team of Carers and Domestic Assistance to provide services
- Monthly Budget Statement that lets you see exactly the funds you have, how much you have spent and can spend and how much goes on what type of services.
Capecare Community Services is all about what we can do for you and wants to focus on helping you stay in your home, be engaged and connected with your community, be safe and have improved health outcomes and live a good life.
What level of in-home support is available through Capecare Home Care Packages?
- Level 1: supports people with basic care needs
- Level 2: supports people with low level care needs
- Level 3: supports people with intermediate care needs
- Level 4: supports people with high level care including care and support for people with a diagnosis of dementia.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Are you an elderly person who needs some help to stay in your own home?
- Are you struggling with some aspects of living at home, but you’re still able to manage most of the time?
- Do you think that if you don’t get some help or home care assistance, you might have to go into an aged care home before you’re ready?
If you answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions, then you may be eligible for a Home Care Package and the next step is to be assessed by an Aged Care Assessment Team. My Aged Care will connect individuals to the correct assessment service for their needs.
You can call Capecare Community Services on 9750 2097 and we will guide and assist you through the process to access aged care services.
Cost of Home Care Packages
The fees and charges for Capecare’s Community Services vary from program to program and are evaluated according to each client’s personal means.
Please click here for Package Fees.
Care Management: is provided to all clients receiving services with Capecare and is an important role working in partnership with clients to develop care plans and individualised budgets. This level of support will ensure that you are able to have your current and future care needs appropriately provided for. Your Case Coordinator will:
- Support you to identify care and services that best support your goals and care needs.
- Work with you to decide when the services are to be delivered, the frequency of services and days/times when regular services are expected to be provided.
- Provide an individualised budget; and
- Provide ongoing monitoring and informal reviews to ensure services are meeting your needs
Package Management: is a fee covering the cost of administering your Home Care Package including:
- Preparation of monthly statements
- Management of your package funds
- Quality assurance and compliance activities
Income Tested fee and Basic Daily Fee
Total amount of a Home Care Package is made up of:
- What the Australian Government pays (the subsidy)
- What you may need to pay (your home care fees)
You may be asked to pay one or both of the following:
- Basic daily fee, equivalent to 17.5% of the single basic aged pension – this increases in March and September of every year in accordance to the pension rate increase.
- Income-tested care fee this is determined by the Department of Human Services based on your assessable income. It does not include the value of your home or other assets.
If cancelling services for any reason you will be required to give 24 hours notice. If not a cancellation fee will apply.
You may be eligible for additional supplements if you are receiving a Home Care Package:
- Dementia and Cognition Supplement
- Veteran’s Supplement
- Oxygen Supplement
- Enteral feeding supplement
- Hardship supplement
- Viability supplement
Remember for more information please visit the My Aged Care Website on www.myagedcare.gov.au
Commonwealth and Home Support Program (CHSP)
Veterans Home Care (VHC)
Clients of Veterans Home Care will be asked to pay a small co-payment for any service provided through the program, except for respite care.
- Domestic Assistance
- Personal Care
- Respite Care
- Safety related home and garden maintenance
Further information on eligibility and assessment.
Capecare can offer our Community Services on a private – fee for service agreement. These services do not need an assessment and can commence as soon as required.
Please click here for Community Fee for Service.
These Services can include:
- Domestic Assistance
- Personal care
- Home maintenance and gardening
- Social support
- Allied Health
Capecare can offer these services during times such as:
- When family or carers are away for short periods
- While you are awaiting package funded services
- To top up your Government subsidised services
- Support if you are not eligible for Government subsidised services
If you wish to know more or get started with any of Capecare Community services please contact us.
When caring for your loved one at home, it is important that you take some time to recharge. Respite is one of the ways we can support you to maintain your caring role and look after your health and wellbeing. Capecare offers respite for ACAT approved clients . Respite is offered in the following locations:
- within our Busselton residential facility in one of two dedicated rooms
- in the Client’s own home
- in our Wellness Centre located in Busselton
As there is a lot of demand within the community for this unique service, we recommend that you contact us as soon as you think you may have need of respite. While most client’s book stays in advance across the year, we do try to meet any needs for emergency respite. We are more than happy to discuss options with you. Please contact us for information and booking enquiries.